Database Of Ultralight, Homebuilt, and Experimental Aircraft
Filtering by tag: flex-wing. Clear filter
Filter by tag: 2-seat 4-seat affordable amphibian aurstralian autogyro biplane electric experimental fixed-wing flex-wing float glider gyrocopter hang-glider helicopter history homebuilt kit light aircraft light airplane lsa military monoplane part-103 plans ready to fly single-seat ultralight
Air Creation Ultralights
This French company produces light sport aircraft and ultralight airplanes. The company is most popular for their trikes:
- Tanarg 912 is a powerful flex wing aircraft with Rotax 582 or Rotax 912 engine. The weight of the different modifications is around 185kg / 410 lbs. Maximum speed 140 km/h - 160 km/h. Qualifies as light sport aircraft.
- Sypper 582 and Skypper 912 are lighter trikes that can handle more payload than the Tanarg series. The maximum speed of the different modifications is between 100 km/h and 160 km/h.
- iFun Pixel uses a Polini Thor 250 engine. With its weight of 90 - 95 kg and maixmum speed of 11o km/h (68 mph) it qualitifes as ultralight Part 103 aircraft.
Prices are unfortunately not listed on the site so you'll need to contact the company or its distributors.
The Fisher Fleet
This company sells a lot of excellent ultralight aircraft. Here is what they offer at this time:
- Two seat monoplanes: Dakota Hawk, Super Koala, Horizon 1 and Horizon 2.
- Biplanes: R-80 Tiger Moth, Celebrity, Classic, FP-404, Youngster.
- Single seat monoplanes: Avenger, FP-202 Koala, FP-303, FP-505 Skeeter, FP-606 Sky Baby.
The airplanes are offered in quick kit form which is said to reduce the building time with about 200 hours. But there are more options too: airframe kits, wing kits, fuselage kits, hardware kits, or even just plans.
The prices for the plans are between $300 and $400. The complete aircraft package is $8,500 for FP 303 and goes to $14,100 for the Sky Baby.
These airplanes seem quite affordable and good. Here is the official company site: http://www.fisherflying.com/