Database Of Ultralight, Homebuilt, and Experimental Aircraft
Filtering by tag: high-wings. Clear filter
Filter by tag: 2-seat 4-seat affordable amphibian aurstralian autogyro biplane electric experimental fixed-wing flex-wing float glider gyrocopter hang-glider helicopter high-wings history homebuilt italian kit light aircraft light airplane lsa military monoplane part-103 plans ready to fly single-seat ultralight
Carlson Sparrow is a high-wing ultralight airplane compatible with Part 103. The aircraft is manufactured by Carlson Aircraft Inc. The site is very much out of date so it's hard to say whether this company is still active.
- Its empty weight is 254 lb (115 kg) so it qualifies as ultralight.
- Its maximum speed is 63 mph (101 km/h).
- Its cruise speed is 58 mph (93 km/h; 50 kn).
- Its fuel capacity is 5 US gallons (19 litres) and range is 230 mi.
- The wingspan is 30 ft 3 in (9.22 m).
Carlson Sparrow is available in several variations: Sparrow Ultralight, Sparrow II which is a two-seater, Sparrow Sport Special, and Sparrow II XTC. The plane is first built in 1987 and its current status is unfortunately out of production.