Database Of Ultralight, Homebuilt, and Experimental Aircraft
Filtering by tag: ready to fly. Clear filter
Filter by tag: 2-seat 4-seat affordable amphibian aurstralian autogyro biplane electric experimental fixed-wing flex-wing float glider gyrocopter hang-glider helicopter history homebuilt kit light aircraft light airplane lsa military monoplane part-103 plans ready to fly single-seat ultralight
Aventura Aircraft is an amphibions ultralight airplane. It's offered in four modifications:
- Aventura Sport which is a 2 seat aircraft and costs $33,400. Its empty weight is 650 lbs and the cruise speed is 70 mph.
- Aventura II costs $44,900 and has a cruise speed of 85 mph. The aircraft empty weight is 800 lbs.
- Aventura XLR has the same speed/weight characteristics. It's sold in severa lsub-modifications.
- Aventura HP is lighter and slower - 650 lbs weight and 70 mph cruise speed (just like Aventura Sport).
Aventura aircraft is built by Aero Adventure Aviation, based in Florida, USA. All their models can be purchased directly from the official site.
Belite Aircraft is one of the really active ultralight manufacturing companies out there.
The aircraft flies under Part 103 and is offered in ready to fly and kit form, and several modifications.
Kit prices start at just about $8,000 while ready to fly airplanes are between $16k and $30k. The weight of the different configurations is between 230lbs and 280lbs. Maximum speed of all modes is 80mph.
Unlike many others, this airplane can be bought directly from the official company website.
I suggest you also to visit James Wiebe's Belite Aircraft Blog
The Eipper Quicksilver by Quicksilver Manufacturing are several ultralight aircraft models. Its development started in 1970s and the airplanes gained a lot of popularity because of the light and affordable construction.
- Its empty weight is 250 lb (113 kg).
- The maximum speed is 54 mph (87 km/h; 47 kn) and the cruise speed is 50 mph.
- This is a single engine aircraft.
There are multuple variations of the Quicksilver: Quicksilver C, Quicksilver E, MX Sprint, MX Sport, and more. The airplane is offered as ready to fly and as a kit. The best place to learn more about it is its official site: http://www.quicksilveraircraft.com/
Magni M-24 Orion
This is a Rotax engine Italian autogyro. This is a new development that started in 2009.
- 2 seat gyrocopter
- Weight 628 lb / 285 kg
- 145 km/h / 90 mph cruise speed
- Fully closed cockpit