Database Of Ultralight, Homebuilt, and Experimental Aircraft
Filtering by tag: amphibian. Clear filter
Filter by tag: 2-seat 4-seat affordable amphibian aurstralian autogyro biplane electric experimental fixed-wing flex-wing float glider gyrocopter hang-glider helicopter high-wings history homebuilt italian kit light aircraft light airplane lsa military monoplane part-103 plans ready to fly single-seat ultralight
Aliseo Flying Boat
Aliseo Flying Boat is a modern amphibian aircraft that does not qualify under Part 103. The plane is available in three models: Aliseo I, Aliseo II, and Aliseo III
- Aliseo I has total weight of 492 lb./216 kg. and max speed of 50 knots.
- Aliseo II has total weight of 520 lb./230 kg. and the same maximum speed.
- Aliseo III is the lightest with weight of 490 lb./215 kg and fastest with maximum speed of 55 knots.
- The retail price of Aliseo is about $20,000 - $25,000.
You can find more information at the Aliseo Home Page which is relatively up to date offers enough contact information.
Aventura Aircraft is an amphibions ultralight airplane. It's offered in four modifications:
- Aventura Sport which is a 2 seat aircraft and costs $33,400. Its empty weight is 650 lbs and the cruise speed is 70 mph.
- Aventura II costs $44,900 and has a cruise speed of 85 mph. The aircraft empty weight is 800 lbs.
- Aventura XLR has the same speed/weight characteristics. It's sold in severa lsub-modifications.
- Aventura HP is lighter and slower - 650 lbs weight and 70 mph cruise speed (just like Aventura Sport).
Aventura aircraft is built by Aero Adventure Aviation, based in Florida, USA. All their models can be purchased directly from the official site.
Lockwood Aircam is unique and modern amphibian aircraft produced by the company with the same name. Note that it's not a valid ultralight - it's much heavier as you'll see from the specs.
Here are the most important characteristics:
- Cruise speed is 50 to 100 mph depending on the air.
- Its empty weight is 1080 lbs normally and 1400 lbs with amphibious floats.
- The price of an airframe kit is about $60,000.
Polaris AM-FIB is an Italian flying boat built by Polaris Motor. This amphibian aircraft is in production. More than 1,000 of these airplanes have been sold since 1987.
- Single seat aircraft not compatible with Part 103.
- Its empty weight is 239 kg (527 lb).
- Its maximum speed is 80 km/h (50 mph; 43 kn).
- Its cruise speed is 70 km/h (43 mph; 38 kn).
Although the website of Polaris Motor is under construction for some time, the company is alive and has a YouTube channel where you can see some videos of the flying boat.
Tucano UltralightTucano Ultralight
Tucano is another Italian ultralight aircraft. It's very popular in Italy, and not only, and is widely used among flight schools. Tucano is a two-seat aircraft with empty weight of 220kg. Its maximum speed is 140 km/h and the cruise speed is 100 km/h.
There are several other modifications of the Tucano:
- TUCANO Delta3 VTW which is slightly faster with cruise speed of 120km/h.
- TUCANO HV - amphibian ultralight
- TUCANO Delta3 TW - a twin engine aircraft with cruise speed of 100 km/h
- TUCANO V - advertised for its reliability and easiness
- NEW TUCANO DELTA3 with open cockpit and costing only €13,000
For more information about this excellent aircraft visit the official site of Flylab.